Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Lost Soul

The sky was blue, and clouds were white,
A wanderer with a search in sight.
Wandered he closely by the shore,
With hope of searching a saying that implored:

“Oh Heaven’s shine! Thou art feel bright!
For love is all in your might!
Embrace it tight! Caress it light!
Let it not be lost of sight!”

And with all the strength he could muster,
Shouted he out loud to the deeping waters.

“To the Sea! To the Sea! The white gulls are crying,
Nor’easter wind blows, and the white foam is forming.
West, west away, the round Sun is falling,
O’ Mother! Do you hear my calling?
Voices of despair cried before me,
I took leave in a world that bore me.
For many days are ending and my years are failing,
I shall pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
In search of a lady, embarked I on this journey,
A fair and lovely maiden as glory.
Searched I high and low,
My boat, powerless, goes where wind blows.
Sail I to the ends of the world,
With hope and faith that shone like pearl.
Yea Faith! Desperately I cling on to you,
Till I see land, my faith shall never be subdued.

To the Stars! To the Stars!
My companion and guide, thru’ many darkness thus far.
Brightly cascade you in the sky,
Oh, what beauty to me when on the deck I lie.
Above lonely shadows where mighty Gods dwell,
Till I found my maiden, I shall not bid farewell.

To the Moon! To the Moon!
An icon of love, I seek you out soon!
Thru’ toils and snares, I am not dismayed,
For bewildered I was on enchanted ways.
I wandered far from northern strands,
Beyond counted days on mortal land.
Blindly in the foam my little boat fled,
Unheralded in my quest I sped.”

And by chance on land he saw,
A lovely maiden stood by the shore.
The locks of her hair flew with great beauty,
A fair lovely maiden it’s got to be!
“Lady! Lady! Come abroad!
Lest I have my boat to dock!”

“Knight! O’ Knight! Come what thee for me?
For I have nothing to offer thee.”

“Gold my Lady! Gold I carry!
On our journey home, shall we be merry!”

“Hearken to me dear Knight, thee shall hear!
Offer thee not happiness I fear!”

And magically she disappeared,
A beautiful butterfly however appeared.
He chased and chased with little thought,
What agony to him this chase had brought.
The harder he chased, the farther he chased,
She eluded him more like a maze.
Chased he till he could chase no more,
For his feet on the sand begin to sore.

“Leave me not my lovely Lady,
Regretted I for giving wrongly.
Accept my apology for I have learnt,
For it is happiness that I yearn.”

He knelt down there and begin to cry,
That night, his eyes were never dry.
Then he heard a whisper in the distance,
A sweet and charming voice he listened.

“Knight! O’ Knight! Thy armour gleamed so bright!
Thou art chased with all your might.
Sadly, feelings in thee, I have not,
Thy chasing is, in all but naught.”

With that, the butterfly changed its form,
To the most beautiful maiden ever born.



“Go O’ Knight, speed away,
For I am only an illusion to stay.
Seek deeper in the word of love,
For another maiden who better deserves.
Thy love, thy care, spend them not on me,
Take my advice well with thee.”

And with great sorrow he heaved a sigh,
A heavy heart, he let out a cry.

“Here at journey’s end I lie,
Beyond all seas deep and high.
In darkness never have my light so dimmed,
Because it’s in thee, that happiness I foreseen.
Knelt I here this day,
With hearts so broken,
Wait I thee for everlasting days,
Till thy love is spoken.
Lost to me, lost to me,
Whitherward fled?
Gone from me, gone from me,
Shadow-ward sped.
Hearing thy voice, to me,
Echoing still.
Seeing the flight of thee,
Will of my will.
Lost is the wild song of me,
Notes that belong to thee.
Love torn and strong to be,
Mute in the Sea.
Shame to me, shame to me,
Set has the Sun.
Silent thou art to me,
My chasing forth is done.”

-jens-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it